BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

7.26.2009

24th of July/Parachute/Secondhand Serenade Concert

Happy 24th of July to everyone. I had a wonderful 3 day weekend with my family. We enjoyed a day of seeing a movie, swimming at Cottonwood Heights Pool, a wonderful BBQ in our backyard, and finally some fireworks.

On Friday afternoon. the whole family went and saw the movie G-Force. I actually thought the movie wasn't to bad. It kept the kids and all of us entertained. There was great music throughout the movie so the little ones were dancing through most of it. We had so much fun! Then it was off to the house to have a yummy shredded pork sandwiches for dinner. I had a ward activity on Thursday and was in charge of the food. I had tons of left overs of the pork so we decided to have it for dinner. It was YUMMY! After dinner we did a little bit of sparklers for the kids. They loved it. Here are some pictures from the weekend.
Gavin, Hudson, and Amber
Zac is ready to swim

Gavin and Hudson

Brit with the sparkler
Zac giving it a try


Lisa and Hudson. Hudson doesn't know what to think of the sparkler

Hudson and Amber

On Saturday I meet up with some friends I meet in Florida while I served my mission. One of them lives here now, but the other one was visiting from Florida. We met up at the Farmers Market downtown. I have never been there, but it was so much fun. I'm going to have to go again.

Kim, Leslie, and I. Thanks girls for a fun morning.

Also on Saturday I got tickets to the Parachute/Secondhand Serenade Concert. It was a blast. My friend gave me the Parachute cd and I haven't stopped listening to it. I was so excited to see them in concert. They did such a wonderful job. There was also an opening band called "We shot the moon." They we not to bad. I liked them. They gave everyone a sample cd from their album coming out this summer. It has 6 songs on it, not to bad for a free album.

After Parachute performed they told us they would be out there to meet everyone. I couldn't pass up that opportunity. Amy and I went back and got to meet the band We shot the moon and Parachute. Here are the pictures below and some video. We had a great view of the stage to take pictures. Thanks friends for a fun night.

Jonathan Jones Lead singer of "We shot the Moon"

Jonathan and me.

Trevor guitar player for the band "We shot the Moon"

2 of the members of the band "We shot the moon"

Took this picture and noticed that there was a Keith Urban look alike. Lol


Secondhand Serenade

Guitar player for the band Parachute. He didn't look to happy to be going on stage.Will Lead singer of the band Parachute. What a cutie.

Drummer of the band Parachute. This is right before they were about to go on stage.

WillWill again.Kit from the band Parachute. He plays the keyboard and saxophone. AMAZING! He also has a Chace Crawford kind of look makes it all the more better.

The whole gang at the concert.
The best picture of all. The whole band of Parachute. Kit, Will, me, Johnny, Alex, and Nate

Video: Song "She"



More videos to come later. Internet wasn't working.

0 comments: