BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

8.15.2008

Olympics 2008

I have been so impressed by the Olympics. Usually I just watch the gymnastic of the summer Olympics. This year I decided I wanted to get more into the Olympics. So I watched the swimming. WOW the swimmers are amazing this year and it makes me so nervous to watch. When the men's relay team did their race I was on the edge of my seat. I wanted them to win so bad and they did at the final second. It was great. I was so proud of them and they deserved it.

I've also watched all of Michael Phelps races and have been impressed by him. I hope he wins the one tonight. GOOD LUCK!!!!Other events I've watched are the diving, beach volleyball, and gymnastics. I'm so glad that Nastia Liukin won the women's all around. It was nice to have two USA gymnasts win a medal.

Last about the Olympics are the mascots they have. I don't know if you have seen them before, but I couldn't stop laughing when I saw them. May I present to you the 2008 Olympic Mascots.

Here are their names from left to right. Beibei, Jingjing, Huanhuan, Yingying, and Nini

2 comments:

Becca said...

I have to agree...the olympics are impressive this time. Probably because I have gotten in to them more this year. So you said that you hoped Michael won his race last night. Did you see it?!?!?! Holy Cow, was it awesome, or what!?!? Also, the mascots...their names are a little redundant. I mean was saying the name once not enough? Funny stuff!

BensonFam said...

I love the mascots too - soo funny - they remind me of the characters on the old super mario brothers nintendo game. And three cheers for swimming!!! That's been mine and Cam's favorite event to watch this time and we are sooo sleep deprived now from staying up to catch all of the races.