Day 1 of California Trip
My friend and I have been wanting to go on a trip since we both graduated from college in May. We wanted something cheap, fun, and around the beach. Luckily for us our friend Lynelle was driving back to California from her vacation she spent in Utah. After we hung out with Lynelle one night we decided it would be fun to drive back to California with her and take a mini vacation. We ended up planning our trip in 3 days. We left Sunday morning off to California. I haven't been on a road trip in forever. We had a blast just talking, listening to great music, and making music videos along the way. We arrived in California around 7:00. Lynelle dropped us off at the Ontario Airport. We picked up our rental car and headed to Burbank California. The car we picked was chevy aveo bright Yellow. We named it Tweety.
We arrived at our hotel around 8:30. Let's just say do not judge the hotel by the pictures online. The outside of the hotel looked nothing like the pictures on the website. However they did have lushes gardens and a beautiful pool. lol Also we were by a freeway, train station, and a airport. It was a little noisy. Good thing Amy brought us some Nyquil. It worked great. Except for the night I thought this guy was going to break into our room. That is a story for another time. For those of you who know me it was a "Linzi Moment." For the most part the hotel was fine. It was 10 minutes from everything we wanted to do.
Day 2
Instead of doing the usual California thing of going to Disneyland we decided to do Universal Studios and the Warner Brothers Tour. Amy and I love movies. This was something that appealed more to us. Next time will go to Disneyland, but it was fun to try something else. We got to Universal around 11:00 and walked down the street called City Walk. It has stores, restaurants, and souvenir shops. Then it was off to the Universal main gates. I haven't been to Universal since high school. It has changed so much. We did the back lot tour first because we knew that was going to be a long ride. It was fun to see the things that were still the same and other things they had added. They had the flood come down, the psycho killer, parting of the water, and etc. However, they didn't have the jaws part. I'm guessing they took that out. They replaced it with a mummy exhibit and a king kong one which is coming later this summer. Here are some of the pictures of the day.





That concludes the day at Universal. I had such a good time. Next up Warner Brothers studio's.








This saved me all through the day at Universal.

2 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I love the thumbs up with Bart.
Totally understand about the freak-out. When I was staying in a hotel in Anaheim I thought we were going to be shot by the party people next door to us...
Super fun trip! Can't wait to do it again!
Post a Comment