Sorry I have been out of the blogging world for awhile. I have had an interesting passed couple of weeks. School has been crazy with papers, projects, and finals coming up. I haven't had time for anything. Tonight I have ADD and can't focus on studying for a final. I thought I would take a little break and update everyone on what has been going on. I think the first thing to talk about is Ellen/TWILIGHT!
I got tickets to go see Ellen Degeneres in Vegas. I was in need of a vacation. I took 2 of my mission friends. I went with Amy who lives here and Jazzy that lives in St. George. We decided to pick Jazzy up on the way down to Vegas. We stayed in the lovely Super 8 (thanks to sandy for getting us discounts). It isn't the nicest hotel by the Vegas strip, but $25 a night you can't beat that. Here is the sign outside the hotel. It's so nice. It really makes you feel that you are on the Vegas strip. lol
We also had great food while in Vegas. The Jack in the box and in and out.Then on Nov. 21st we got to go to Caesar's Palace to watch the taping of The Ellen Show. It was so great. The guest were Bette Midler, Hans Klok (illusionist, he was kind of lame), and PINK. My favorite part of the show was Pink. I was impressed on how great she sounded live and a really good entertainer. It was sad we didn't win anything and we weren't on the t.v., but hey we had a blast. We had our own little dance party going on in the back of the auditorium.
In Vegas my friends and I were able to meet up with Michelle, who is also from our mission. She lives in Vegas and took us to a really great place to eat. It was great to go to Michelle's house and just hang out. This was probably the most relaxing trip I have had in Vegas. We hardly were on the strip. It was also nice to see Michelle. We hardly ever see her.
This is the yummy dessert we all shared at BJ's restaurant that Michelle took us to. It's a yummy hot choc. chip cookie with vanilla ice creamed served on top. I very much enjoyed the dessert that night.And finally I played the slot machines. I usually end up losing, but only put in a dollar or two. At Caesars Palace I put in a $1 and all of the sudden the machine just went crazy. I ended up winning $27. That was so nice.
Now it's time for Twilight,
We went to a the saturday showing of Twilight. I was surprised that the theater was not full. We only had about 20 people. The good thing was that we didn't have all the teenagers screaming like little girls (it was just me....lol). Here is me right before the show.Let's just say I was really excited. My friends were making fun of me, but it was all just for fun. To be funny one of them asked me to just breathe Linzi. So I hurried and told them Edward doesn't need to breathe and neither do I. Good times at the movies.
Now the REVIEW of Twilight........I actually really liked the movie. I thought they did a great job with the characters. The only character I didn't really like was Jasper. He looked kind of freaky and reminded me a lot of Edward Scissorhands. The movie fit the story perfectly. I understand they had to take some parts out or combined other parts to make the movie under 2 hours. The only thing I was sad about was the medow scene. I thought they could of done something different or made that part longer. In the book there was so much detail in that section for me. I would have liked to see more. There were also times I did have to laugh. If you have seen it you probably laughed to at the part of Edward first seeing Bella in bioglogy. Loved it!! Overall I would have to give this movie a A. Also I have been good and only seen it twice, but if anyone hasn't seen it/wants to see it again I would love to go with you. :)
1 comments:
Love the Update! It sounds like Pink should have been the guest the entire show!
Also Jasper is so Edward Scissorhands!
Post a Comment